What’s it like to be a corps member? Here’s a look at a week in the life.
Sunday evening: community dinner at home, Parakaleo (group spiritual sharing/practice)
Monday: work at placements, evening free
Tuesday: work at placements, community dinner and class at home (Servant Leadership in fall, Call & Money in spring)
Wednesday: work at placements, evening free
Thursday: work at placements, community dinner at home, community business meeting
Friday: both houses gather for formation in the morning, community lunch, afternoon and evening free
Sunday: free until community dinner
- Spiritual Community: Each corps member is required to find a spiritual community to participate in weekly.
- Partner Congregations: Once per month, corps member are required to participate in any activity sponsored by one of our partner congregations in order to build relationships with the communities that support JSC.
- Mentors: Each corps member is matched with a mentor to meet with at least monthly.
- Spiritual Direction: Corps members have have the opportunity to meet with a spiritual director for free or very low cost.
- Reflection & Rest: The structure of the program is designed to build in time for spiritual practice, self care, and rest. We encourage you to use it wisely!